Sunday, October 25, 2015

I'm making it all up in my head again....Smoked Thai Garlic Rub

Every now and again I get an idea for a rub.  Sometimes the idea has spawned from another rub recipe I've found.  Sometimes the idea comes to when I see an ingredient in the fridge or pantry that I haven't used in a while and miss.

We first tried this rub on a lovely flank steak.  I was a bit "over" the our "go-to" rub and wanted something different.  Looking in the pantry we had an over abundance of Green Chile paste.  (Green Chile paste can, at times, be a hard to find item in my area so when I find it, I stock up.  At my last trip to the store, I STOCKED UP.)

Below is the rub recipe which we have tried, as I mentioned, on Flank Steak and chicken, as well as country style pork ribs.

Smoked Thai Garlic Rub

1 TBS Smoked Paprika
1 TBS granulated Garlic
1/4 Tsp Clove
1 Tsp Onion powder
2 TBS Walnut oil
1 Tsp Green Chile paste
Salt & Pepper

Combine all ingredients and spread over meat of choice like a paste.  Allow to marinate for several hours or overnight.  ( I prefer over night)
Flank steak with Smoked Thai Garlic Rub ready for the grill.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment